Through extensive experience in assets within Papua New Guinea and the Pacific, we have a domestic focus on equities, fixed income, property and infrastructure.
Our approach to equities has always been consistent, irrespective of market conditions.
- All analysis focuses on consistent fundamentals; fit of equity within the client’s strategic asset allocation and goals, actual investment characteristics, overall market conditions on a macro and micro level and alignment with regulations within which the company operates,
- Specialise in low portfolio turnover,
- Invest into fundamentally sound business for the long term,
- Valuation expertise,
- Consistent communication with company management, prior to the initial investment recommendation and during the monitoring and disposal phases,
- First hand company research, and
- Avoid recommending investment in companies we do not understand or seek external advice.
Situated within the Pacific and with extensive knowledge of this environment, we balance this understanding to create value for our clients within this asset class.
- Experienced teams around the Pacific,
- In-house research and database set up for the Pacific Fixed Income market,
- Mark to market valuations in markets without a secondary market,
- Own research,
- Focus on risk oversight,
- In depth knowledge of markets within the Pacific supporting insight into emerging markets, and
- Understanding that Pacific Fixed Income can stray from the traditional understanding and usage of Fixed Income.
A significant aspect of our investing is direct property, therefore we conduct bottom up and top down research, taking into account the intricacies inherent with this asset class, to provide our clients with superior risk adjusted returns.
- A disciplined and consistent approach to property investment focusing on quality, price, client needs and diversity,
- Experienced teams around the Pacific and regions within which we invest,
- A variety of risk/return profiles,
- Onsite visits of direct property prior to investment and during the monitoring process, and
- Collaboration with external parties for extensive research and understanding on client investment where need be (e.g. geotechnical engineers, architects, property managers, etc).
Primarily present in the Pacific, and in many emerging markets, infrastructure investment plays a crucial part in many client’s requirements.
- Offers the potential for attractive risk-adjusted returns; reliable inflation-linked returns; stable long-term yields and capital growth.
- Experienced teams around the Pacific and regions within which we invest; understanding of the formal and informal economies. This enables the ability to ensure all boxes are ticked for our clients to safeguard their assets whilst providing transparency in their operations,
- Investment could allow for the provision of essential services, and
- Ability to structure investment to ensure client involvement in the correct process / stage of the infrastructure investment.